Friday, February 3, 2012

Sierra Snow and Extended Sunset

I recently went to the Tahoe area and there was more pretty than I could capture, but here are the highlights:

The day started foggy, but up on the mountain, I could see it in the valley.

 The higher clouds here are caused by uplift of the air over that mountain.
 Pretty early on, the sun came out and shone brightly.
 It really highlighted the new snow.
 I wonder what's hiding under here?
 With the sun comes melting.
 But gives these large lichens lots of food.
 As the day wore on, the angles started getting really cool. It looked like diamonds in the snow.
 I wonder what these look like during the summer.

 I didn't realize grasses were so abundant here, usually they are covered in much more snow.
 This carved slopes really stood out to me.

On my way back home, west, the sunset lingered for over an hour and a half! Usually only 45 mins or so, my travels extended this sunset and I just died looking at all the pretty. 
Check them out in full size by clicking on the pic.



 



No comments:

Post a Comment