Saturday, February 18, 2012

Spring Is Here

Despite my last post, spring has come about a month early to most areas in northern california. My hyacinth bulbs bloomed a month early, and many annuals overwintered and are starting to flower again.

First, these are the hills around the valley where I grew up.
 That's the bay above, I grew up out of the shot about here ^

Mt. Tamalpias (Tam)

 The first of the spring growth out there

Maybe this is why I like the pretty so much in nature

Some galls in the oaks


This is the wetlands to the south of highway 37, can you make out Mt. Tam on the right?
 How about now?

From my garden

These are crocus, one of my favorite flowers. They often bloom out of snow banks and are some of the first to come out in the new year.

 



 And here is that hyacinth I mentioned (I prefer the blue ones, they smell the best)

 Another early spring/late winter flower I love is cineraria, so vibrant, no?



 And an overwintered black eyed susan

From the area

This is a camelia, I'll have a whole other post for those, since they are just about to peak.
 A bud
 Not sure what these are

Tulip trees are one of my favorites as well, without any leaves


 This variety smells really good




No comments:

Post a Comment